J. Christopher Llinas, Esq.
Attorney at Law
FRANKLIN PIERCE LAW CENTER — Concord, NH
(Now the University of New Hampshire School of Law)
Juris Doctor (JD), 1997
- Graduated 2nd out of class of 128
- Annual Survey of New Hampshire Law (FPLC’s version of Law Review), 1997
- National Health Law Moot Court Competition, 1996
- National Trial Advocacy Competition, 1997
- Teaching Assistant for two years in both Civil Procedure and Constitutional Law
SALISBURY UNIVERSITY — Salisbury, MD
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English (Magna cum Laude), 1989
J. CHRISTOPHER LLINAS, ATTORNEY AT LAW — Ocean Pines, MD
Attorney, April 2015 to October 2017
Solo law practice devoted primarily to criminal/DUI/traffic defense and appellate advocacy on the lower Eastern Shore and throughout the State of Maryland.
ROYAL PLUS, INC. — Snow Hill, MD
A nationally-recognized leader in the disaster restoration industry, with a 120,000 square foot corporate headquarters facility in Snow Hill, Maryland, from which it serves the entire Delmarva Peninsula (DE, MD, VA) and oversees the operation of satellite locations in the Baltimore/Washington DC metropolitan area, the Wilmington DE area, and the areas of central, coastal, and southern Florida.
HR, Collections, Risk Management, January 2007 to September 2014
Corporate Counsel, October 2014 to April 2015
1) Managed the company’s involvement with numerous law-related areas, through both reactive crisis management and responsive strategic planning
2) served as liaison relative to all litigation matters in which the company was involved and relative to all governmental entities with whom the company dealt
3) helped protect the company and avoid disputes through a review and negotiation of contracts with vendors, suppliers, landlords, claims programs, subcontractors and other entities
J. CHRISTOPHER LLINAS, P.A. — Ocean Pines, MD
Attorney, September 2002 to September 2006
Solo law practice devoted to civil work from September 2002 to October 2003, and primarily to criminal and traffic defense work from October 2003 to September 2006.
WORCESTER COUNTY STATE’S ATTORNEY’S OFFICE — Snow Hill & Ocean City, MD
Assistant State’s Attorney, September 2002 to October 2003
Prosecuting felony and misdemeanor criminal and traffic cases in the Circuit and District Courts of Worcester County, MD.
MARYLAND OFFICE OF THE PUBLIC DEFENDER — Salisbury, MD
Assistant Public Defender, May 1999 to August 2002
Defending the indigent in incarcerable felony and misdemeanor criminal and traffic cases in the Circuit and District Courts of Wicomico County, MD.
PINE TREE LEGAL ASSISTANCE — Augusta, ME
Legal Aid Attorney, September 1998 to April 1999
Representing the indigent in a variety of civil contexts in the courts of the central and southern Maine.
MAINE SUPREME JUDICIAL COURT — Portland, ME
Law Clerk to Associate Justice Leigh I. Saufley, September 1997 to August 1998
Assisting one of the seven justices of Maine’s highest court, whose duties include sitting as an appellate court, hearing appeals of sentences longer than one year of incarceration, overseeing admission to the Bar and the conduct of its members, and being the rulemaking authority for all the State’s courts.
Avid Endurance Athlete
- Completed 20 marathons since 2000 – 18 road runs and 2 trail runs. Additionally has completed myriad half-marathons, 10-milers, and shorter races.
- Completed 4 Ironman distance triathlons (2012 Ironman Florida, 2013 Ironman Lake Placid, 2014 Ironman Louisville, & 2015 Ironman Maryland), 7 Half-Ironman triathlons, and multiple shorter distance triathlons.
- Ran Boston Marathon in 2015 & 2016
- Swam 12.5 miles around Key West in 2017
- Running Providence Marathon and Hartford Marathon in 2019
- Raises money for select charities through the Ironman Foundation
- Rarely goes a day without swimming, running, biking, surfing, lifting, or yoga
- Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College of DUI Defense – Connecticut State Delegate
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit